Noida wall collapse: Teenager worked to support parents, wanted to join Army | Noida News

NOIDA: The dream of donning the Army uniform died with Amit (17), who was among the four crushed under a wall which collapsed on 12 workers repairing a drain in Jal Vayu Vihar on Tuesday morning. The other three who died were Dharamveer (15), Pushpendra Singh (25), and Panna Lal (25).
Amit’s uncle, Vinod, said from Badaun, “Amit was passionate about joining the Army and was preparing for upcoming induction rallies. A morning run was part of his daily routine. His death has shattered the family’s dream of seeing him become someone.”
Amit’s father is a farmer, and mother a housewife. He was the primary caretaker of his family. He got admitted to a college in Ujhani in Badaun on Saturday before coming to Noida for work. He started working at a daily wage of Rs 500 from Sunday.
Another worker, Pappu Singh (25) from Bichaula village in Badaun, who lost his ability to move or talk after getting trapped under the shattered wall, survived after people saw movement in his eyes and rescued him. However, he has broken his right leg.
Recovering at the Sector 30 district hospital, he said, “My inner strength saved me, else I would have also died like my friends. When people came to help, big chunks of the wall were over me. I could barely speak, but people could see my eyes moving and removed the debris to rescue me. The whole incident is so shocking that I am not feeling any pain now.”
At the hospital, Pappu’s relative Mor Dhwaj said, “I was working at another site in Sector 146 when the incident happened. I got a call from another person in my village, and I came to the hospital to help Pappu, my relative.”
Rishi Pal (18), who was working at the site when the wall collapsed but has survived, lost his uncle Panna Lal and brother Dharamveer in the incident. He is now worried about breaking the news to the family.
He said, “When the wall fell on us, I was at a height and got very scared. Within seconds, my uncle and brother were nowhere. I have no answers for the family back in Badaun. Though I survived and should thank God, with my family members dead, dying might have been easier than answering the family’s phone calls. While getting ready for work, we did not think the day would bring us such bad luck.”
Sarvinder Kumar (22), who was at the district hospital for his brother Pushpendra’s body, said, “We lived together and spoke just before leaving for our respective workplaces. When I received a call from other people from our village, I did not expect it to bring the news of my brother’s death.”

Source link

Leave a Comment